Monday, May 31, 2010

OMG, Where has the time gone? . . .

I don't think I can even re-cap what has happened since my last post, which was Sunday 4/25. On Monday 4/26, I woke up to get ready for work. Did the usual - ate breakfast, got my lunch ready, took a shower. After my shower I had a bit of time, so I sat down on the couch to use the computer for a few minutes, when all of a sudden I had a feeling of being "really, really" tired . . . and that is all I remember!

I had a period of 30 minutes of no memory. Next thing I recall, I was in the E.R. @ Holy Cross Hospital & a nurse was sticking a needle in my arm to draw blood. I do kinda recall being in the waiting room & seeing a television & asking, "Why are there two guys and two telephones on the TV?"

So, I guess what happened is I just passed out . . . ??? My hubby found me with my head back, mouth open & just out like a freaking light. He got me up, into the bedroom, got me dressed & into the car . . . to the E.R.

He did not call 911 because apparently I was responsive, even though my speech was slurred, I was seeing double & could not walk.

I don't even want to get into the whole entire thing - suffice it to say that after 2 1/2 days in the hospital, tons of expensive tests & consultations with different doctors, all they found was an "cortical irritation in the left frontal lobe." That is what the EEG showed. So, not really quite a seizure, but not quite sure what the hell it is?? They decided to put me on a medication that helps with migraine headaches - which I do get - and also is for seizures.

The good news: the treadmill stress test I did was so normal that the doctor was just bored waiting for my heart to do something exciting. Way too normal!!

So there was no stroke, no other cardiovascular disease & no electrolyte imbalance.

I personally believe that it was stress. I suppose you know that stress does kill. Or maybe, like Vit says, I just needed a 3-day nap. In the hospital.

After all, when we got back from Italy, I had horrible jet lag for over a week. Then we had some family "issues" & finally there was the loss of a really great person in my life.

What do you mean, stress? I did not feel stressed. I felt fine, in fact. Or maybe I needed a 3-day nap - in the hospital.


Since then I have felt fine. No other episodes. I have been trying to listen to my body. When it is tired after work - I will take a little nap & rest before my workout. (By the way, I did take the week off of workouts per doctor's orders . . . )

I am trying to train smarter, take my vitamins and eat really healthy - even if that means drinking that green powder crap that gives me gas!

There is so much more to talk about, but for now . . .

Much Peace & Love,

1 comment:

  1. Next time you need a three day nap just take off for a nice hotel at the beach with a view. Open the window so that when you wake up, you'll have the fresh sea air AND a great view!